Vegan, Gluten-Free & Low Sugar
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed preferred
- 1/2 cup Swerve brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
Preheat the oven to 400F degrees. Wash and cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. In a large bowl, whisk water, flour, garlic powder, and salt. Place the breadcrumbs in a medium-sized bowl and place them next to the wet batter bowl. Add the cauliflower to the bowl with the wet batter and coat all the pieces. Roll in the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet and separate. Bake for about 22 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
In a large pan, add all sauce ingredients but not the cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil, and cook for two minutes. Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl to combine, and then add to the pot. Stir over medium-high heat constantly for a couple of minutes, until the sauce thickens.
Add baked cauliflower to the pan with the orange sauce and stir to coat. Serve and enjoy.