Vegan & Gluten-Free
- 1 Tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- 1 medium-large onion (thinly diced)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups peeled & chopped butternut squash (1 small butternut squash yields ~6 cups)
- 1 pinch each sea salt + black pepper (plus more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (plus more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp Complete Seasoning
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- A dash of hot sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut butternut squash in half. Drizzle butternut squash with olive oil on baking pan and bake for 35 minutes or until soft. Peel and chop.
3. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add oil, onions, and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add vegetable broth, butternut squash and above seasoning. Stir then cover and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Bring to a low boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Use an immersion blender, or transfer soup to a blender, and purée on high until creamy and smooth. If using a blender, return soup back to pot.
7. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more as needed. Continue cooking for a few more minutes over medium heat until ready to serve.
Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Best when fresh.